Rama Navami 2018 : Sunday, 25 March
Rama Navami Muhurat:
Rama Navami Puja Muhurta = 11:14 to 13:40
Duration = 2 Hours 25 Mins
Rama Navami Madhyahna Moment = 12:27
Navami Tithi Begins = 08:02 on 25/Mar/2018
Navami Tithi Ends = 05:54 on 26/Mar/2018
Sri Rama Navami is an hindu festival stating the birth of Lord Rama to the King Dasharatha and mother Queen Kausalya who ruled Ayodhya. Sri Rama Navaratri is celebrated by some people for nine days. Kalyanam is done to the God Rama and Sita. The divine wedding is celebrated all over the South India,especially in Badrachalam. The Lord Rama is also known as the seventh avatar of god Maha Vishnu. This festival comes on the ninth day as navami in the month of chaitra masam. It also called as “Chaitra Masa Shukla Paksha Navami”. In navaratri’s there will be continous bhajans, akhand paath, mostly the ramacharithanamas, organised for several days.
In temples on this day are decorated and cradles are arranged so that god Rama along with wife Sita can sit and swing.Bhajans are organised and songs about Rama,Sita,Laxmana and Hanuman are sung.The great epic story of Lord Rama is being said by priests of the temples is what we call is “Ramayana”.
In Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Ram Navami is celebrated for ten days starting from Chaitra saptami to Bahula padyami that falls in March – April.In Badrachalam temple wedding is arranged for God Rama and Sita by the temple heads.From the government of Telangana real pattu vastralu and talambralu are being submitted by our Honerable Cheif Minister.At all the temples where this wedding is performed panakam and vada pappu is distributed.Thus, this festival has most important among all the other festivals.
Unknown Facts about Lord Rama
– Lord Rama is the seventh incarnation of the God Vishnu.
– Lord Ram was born in Treta Yuga.
– Maharshi Vashishtha has given him this name “Rama”.
– Lord Rama lived on the earth before 1.2 million years ago.
– Lord Rama’s name has been taken from “Beeja Aksharas”. “Ra” is from Agni Beeja and “Ma” is from Amrutha Beeja.
– According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, he is known as “Maryada Purushottam” while according to Tulsidas’s Ramcharit Manas, he is known as “God”.
– His name comes at the 394th place in Vishnu Sahasranama.
– Lord Ram ruled over Ayodhya for 11000 years. This time is also known as “Ram Rajya”.
– Lord Rama’s bow was so much powerful that it could destroy the whole army.
– At the age of 27 years only, Lord Rama had to go into excile.
– It is said that white stripes on squirrel are fingerprints of Lord Rama.
– At the end of his life, Lord Rama had taken Jal Samadhi in the Sarayu River to reach Vaikuntha.
– According to Valmiki’s Ramayana, the portray of Lord Rama breaking bow in Sita’s Swayamvar is not included while in Tulsidas’ Ramcharitmanas, this fact has been included.
– He fought with Jambavantha as the avatar of Lord Krishna.
– When Lord Rama was leaving for Vaikuntha, he took many people (soul) from Ayodhya with him.
– Indra Dev had sent a chariot as gift when Lord Rama was fighting with Ravana.
– Lord Rama’s best devotee was Hanuman.
– Lord Ram has accepted the 14 years of exile for his father.
– Lord Rama love Sita with heart and soul.
– Lord Rama’s wife name was Sita (Here name was also Vaidehi).
– During the exile, Lord Rama relived the Kambadh from the curse and he suggested Lord Rama to do friendship with Sugreev.
– Lord Rama intended to use Brahmashtra two times, once on Jayanta and second time on God of Sea (Sagar).
– The victory of Lord Ram over demon Ravana is known as Dussehra.
– After killing Ravana, when Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya, people lit the diyas. After that Diwali celebration starts every year.
Lord Rama Mantra:
Lord Rama’s mantras can be chanted anytime and at any place. Yet, it is advised by legends that people should chant the mantras either at early morning or before the sleep time at night. Chanting Rama’s mantras is like meditation. It helps people in gaining peace of mind, glow on face and good health. Check below some powerful Lord Rama mantra to chant.
ॐ श्री रामाय नमः॥
Lokabhiramam Shriramam Bhuyo-Bhuyo Namamyaham॥ॐ आपदामपहर्तारम् दाताराम् सर्वसम्पदाम्।
लोकाभिरामम् श्रीरामम् भूयो-भूयो नमाम्यहम्॥
Tanno Rama Prachodayat॥ॐ दाशरथये विद्महे सीतावल्लभाय धीमहि,
तन्नो राम प्रचोदयात्॥